HAVE I BEEN PWNED (HIBP)
What is this tool?
This tool provides a simple way for you to check and see if any of your email addresses have been involved in a website breach, spam list, or paste.
- Breach an incident where data is inadvertently exposed in a vulnerable system, usually due to insufficient access controls or security weaknesses in the software.
- Paste is information that has been “pasted” to a publicly facing website designed to share content such as Pastebin. These services are favoured by hackers due to the ease of anonymously sharing information and they’re frequently the first place a breach appears.
- Spam List is personal data that is being utilised for the purposes of sending targeted spam. This often includes many of the same attributes frequently found in data breaches such as names, addresses, phones numbers and dates of birth.
What to Do if the Tool Finds Results
If you find your Adams Cable Email in a breach, we highly recommend the following:
- A good first step is to change your password on the affected site
- If a breached website shared the same password as your Adams Cable Email, you can change it by going to our Webmail
- Consider using a phrase instead of single words that are more easily guessed
- Since strong unique passwords are a huge pain to memorize, try a password manager like 1Password or LastPass
- Look through your accounts for any signs of suspicious activity, start by checking outgoing emails
Check Our Service Area
Carbondale, PA 18407
Customer Support 24/7
Monday – Friday : 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Saturday : 8:00AM – 4:00PM
What Customers Are Saying
Ken came out to swap out a faulty modem box, but also checked connections, checked switches and wifi “stuff” and thoroughly made sure all is working well. Extremely polite gent. But that is what Adams Cable peeps are. Kudos to Ken
Customer service has been above and beyond. The installer was kind and explained what I needed to know in an understandable way. Great Employee. He represents Adams Cable very well.
This afternoon something different popped up on my TV screen and I didn’t know how to remove it. I called Adams and spoke with Beth and she calmly walked me through each step. Anytime time I have called for help, they are all very helpful, kind and knowledgeable.
We want to thank you for your outstanding service. When in Florida we have had to deal with Spectrum. They could learn a lot from you! After a lightning strike, we were left without phone, TV, or internet connection. I called your office the next morning and the tech arrived within the hour. The tech was fast and efficient and had us up and running in record time.